Monday, September 23, 2013

Pachyderm Auricle and Maize Coated Nitrate Stick



Yep, it's State Fair time!  Which means for me above all else: food. I started off the grand culinary tour with 2 delicioso street tacos at noon. Yes, you know the little devils: the ones with the 4" corn tortillas, containing meat product that is oh so tasty but of unknown origin, and topped with what are likely the only fresh veggies at the state fair, save for the ginormous, nitrogen injected produce hidden in the dusty corner of some less often visited 4H building.  I could not get enough of those street tacos, so for dinner I wandered back and devoured 3 more.  I decided that the pollo ones from lunch were too bland so I went for all asada, which I'm sure were the cheapest, most fatty, tastiest cuts of bovine available.  Not only were the fresh veggies still present, but I forgot to mention the lime wedges (ohh the lime wedges!).  I was feeling pretty good about the nutritional density of my meal choice. Time to blow that up!  I rounded out my feast with that once a year corn dog, elephant ear, and yes, a scone.  I'm sure that revealing my darkest gastronomic cravings and consumption will send some potential readers and clients running to Dr. Oz for some sound nutritional counseling. However before you run too far, here is a small nugget of advice that a nutrition professor once gave me: "Enjoy your food, and eat really, really good most of the time!"

With that in mind, those 5 leftover cupcakes from my daughter's 1st birthday party that look oh so tempting will not be on a nice little plate next to my morning coffee.  I will give them to the dog.  Now don't go calling PETA.  I know that dogs can't have chocolate...maybe i'll give them to the chickens.


No comments:

Post a Comment